Quesadillas and wraps are an easy, fast, and inexpensive way to get high quality nutrients into your fat loss diet. However, it is also easy to go overboard when it comes to the calorie content that can be loaded into these quick and simple meals.
From your choice of wrap to how you actually cook it can make the difference between bloating yourself up with unnecessary carbohydrates and fat, or feeding your body in way that leaves you full of energy & satisfied, while keeping you in a favorable calorie range.
Here is how to make your own Lean and Healthy Quesadilla:
1) Start with a high fiber, low carb wrap, like Mission Carb Balance.
Pull out 2 tortillas.
2) Scramble an extra large egg using non-stick spray, such as Pam Organic Olive Oil Spray.
3) Keep in mind, this is a 2 serving quesadilla, so you can share it with someone or save the 2nd serving for tomorrow’s lunch. Using a pan that will allow the tortilla to lay flat in, warm the pan on very low heat.
4) Add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan and a tablespoon of butter (or Olivio). Then place one tortilla in the pan. Add 2 rounded tablespoons of cheddar cheese and spread evenly on tortilla.
5) Add the following:
– quarter cup of canned green beans.
– 2 rounded tablespoons of canned corn.
– 2 rounded tablespoons of canned sweet peas.
– Spread the scrambled egg over veggies.
– Add sea salt, black pepper, onion powder & garlic powder to taste.
– Sprinkle with another tablespoon of cheddar cheese.
(For extra protein, feel free to add cooked, shredded chicken.)
6) Place the 2nd tortilla on top & gently press with spatula so cheese sticks to it. Check bottom with spatula to see if it is starting to brown. Lift up top tortilla – if cheese is sticking – its time to turn it over. Using your spatula, scoop under & lift out of pan pace your other hand on top, flip over & place in pan.
Cook for about 4 – 5 minutes – the bottom should look like the top – a dark/golden brown.
Cut in half & eat. Remember, this is 2 servings. And here is the nutrient breakdown for one serving:
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Fat: 22 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Sodium: 380 mg
For 350 calories you get a nutrient dense, well-balanced, great-tasting, appetite-satisfying fat loss meal that can fit into almost anyone’s fat loss diet program. You can also create your own variations of this to match it perfectly to your fat loss goals.